Monday, June 18, 2007

Letter from Christopher Emley (click on it to engorge)

Here is the letter from Christopher Emley, which I am not going to comply with in any way, shape or form. The "interception" Emley falsely accuses me of came in the form of finding his emails on a computer my wife gave me as part of the settlement. It was like finding letters between Emley and my wife in a desk I might have gotten in the settlement. The correct football analogy would be "handoff". My wife drove the computer to my place and handed it to me.

So follow through with your empty threat and charge me, Chris. Unless, of course, your accusations are w/o merit- but then how would you expalin the letter below??? More "Unnecessary hooha"? Yup.

In the letter, Christopher does demonstrate concern that the emails may be used as evidence, presumably in a complaint by me to the state bar. It's hard to know, other than he is concerned they may be used in litigation of some kind. I hadn't mentioned any other kind to him, so who knows.

I emailed my wife, told her I found the emails and offered to delete them, in writing. I was then accused of getting the emails in some untoward manner, so I told them I would have to save them incase they made me prove I had acquired them innocently. This letter makes it clear that I will have to and had I deleted them I would have been in BIG trouble. In the letter, he insists that I now delete them, but if I do, how can I defend myself against his accusations?

In my mind, it is just one false assertion after another.

I had no intention of publishing the email communications in question. And his claim that I threatened to publish them is complete nonsense.

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether or not I have any duty of confidentiality to him in a case like this? If his emails contain evidence of wrongdoing, is there a legal way to use them?